SIMPLY THE PETS
Jobs at Simply the Pets
Do you love animals?
Are you a pet owner or have you owned pets in the past?
Are you reliable, friendly and trustworthy?
Enjoy being outdoors? Want to keep fit and get paid for it?
If so, Simply the Pets are looking for a Pet Care Assistant, to join their growing team, based in South Croydon. You’ll provide dog walking, pet sitting and puppy care services on behalf of our clients.
Who We Are:
Simply the Pets is an extremely busy pet care company offering the very best in pet services covering South Croydon and the surrounding areas. Our team prides itself on delivering first class customer service to the pets in our care and their owners. We see our client’s animals as an important member of the family and so we treat them like they are our own and are strictly a force-free company.
- Dog Walking; this will consist of Group Walks of up to four dogs and individual walks on a daily basis. Walks generally last an hour and take place no matter what the weather so you must love the outdoors and be happy to walk in all conditions!
- Pet Sitting; providing care for our client’s pets in our client’s homes during their absence. You will be required to prepare and provide fresh food and water, clean bowls and litter trays/ hutches/ cages, ensure our client’s home is safe and provide plenty of fuss and attention to their pets
- Puppy Care; cleaning up of any accidents, preparing and providing food and fresh water, providing mental stimulation and basic training to the puppies in our care
- Communicating with our staff and client’s both face to face, by phone and by email. We pride ourselves on our customer service, so a friendly, warm personality is a must.
- Completing all relevant paperwork, feedback and updating client files.
- Creating content for our social media pages to help raise profile of Simply the Pets services and awareness of current issues which may be useful to our clients.
You will need:
- Experience of domestic animal care and husbandry from working in the animal care industry and experience of working with the general public desirable although not a necessity if you can demonstrate you have sufficient experience owning and caring for pets.
- You must hold a current UK driving licence & have access to a vehicle suitable to transport dogs in – we will provide a safety gate, crate and boot liner. Mileage allowance also offered.
- To live in or near our areas of coverage: Purley, Kenley, Caterham, South Croydon, Addiscombe, Coulsdon, Warlingham or Sanderstead
- To be available Monday to Friday between 10am and 3pm as a minimum. Due to the nature of the pet care industry additional hours will be required and you must also be able to work some weekends, evenings and bank holidays.
- To be trustworthy, honest, extremely reliable and be good at working as part of a team as well as using their own initiative.
- To have a can-do attitude who isn’t afraid to get stuck in… we pick up animal waste, wash dogs off covered mud and fox mess, get jumped on and covered in mud and slobber
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be an amazing Pet Care Assistant, please send us your CV and covering letter and we’ll be in touch.
- Do you love cats?
- Would you like to be paid to cuddle & care for them?
- Are you available for a few hours on the weekends?
If yes, we'd love to hear from you as we're looking for someone to help us with our busy cat sitting services.
During our visits we will put down fresh food, clean bowls & litter trays, bring in the post as well as providing that all important fuss and attention.
This role would suit someone looking for a supplemental income as offers of work would be dependent on the bookings received.
To express your interest please send an email to email@example.com detailing your experience and availability.